Setting up the PIM
Having trouble with your PIM catalog structure? Don't know how to set up permissions? Not to worry, you have come to the right place!
#Discover Akeneo concepts
New to Akeneo? Start here with the basics. Remember every Jedi Knight began as a young Padawan!
#Build your catalog
Tailoring the catalog model to the needs of your users is absolutely crucial. Before beginning to play with Akeneo, be sure to check out these few key settings.
- Monitor your catalog size
- Manage your attribute groups
- View and enable currencies
- Manage your families and variant families
- Manage your locales
- Manage your product identifiers
- Manage your association types
- Manage your measurements
- Get started with the rules engine
- About the product link rules
- Manage your channels
- Manage your data quality
- Manage your group types
- Manage multidimensional data in a table
- Manage your reference entities
- Manage your attributes
- Import your data
- Manage your rules
- About product identifiers
- Manage your asset families
#Connect your PIM
Can we agree that a PIM on its own is pretty useless? So let's connect your PIM with all the data flows it needs to fulfill its purpose.
As an administrator, you will need to manage all the users that will access the PIM. Here are some articles to help you understand how to handle them.
You shall not pass! As an administrator, you have very powerful ways to manage the permissions inside your PIM. Take a deeper look at it here.
#Languages and translations
We love being international here. The more languages the PIM will speak, the happier we will be. There is already a lot of happiness at Akeneo, but let's bring some more!
This is a kind of 'Miscellaneous' theme: you will need these articles to grasp some PIM concepts, but as you will see below, these concepts are totally unrelated.